As 2015 draws to a close, I find myself thinking about the past year, and looking forward to the next. I enjoy the holidays, the time with friends and loved ones, and celebrating and reflecting on our many blessings. One of the real joys this time of year is saying Thank You to the residents and communities that Helix serves. All of us at Helix send you our warmest wishes for the holidays and for peace and happiness throughout the new year.
I also want to thank Helix employees, who give their very best, every day, to assure that our customers have a safe and reliable water supply. While it has been a challenging year due to drought and state mandates, I am pleased to report that we made tremendous strides in providing the exceptional service that our customers deserve and expect:
- Our new online customer account management system provides 24/7 convenience, more payment options and lower transaction fees.
- Our new website works across computers, tablets and smartphones, is easy to navigate, and is a place to learn more about the district, request services and explore how water is managed in California and the Southwest.
- Our customers received rebates for over 7,400 water efficient irrigation components, appliances and plumbing fixtures, and over 261,000 square feet of turf removal, helping to achieve the state mandate of reducing water use by 20%.
- We visited 143 residential and business customers, surveyed their water use, checked for leaks and recommended water saving strategies.
- We marked the 50th anniversary of Helix’s R.M. Levy Water Treatment Plant and 50 consecutive years of water treatment without a water quality violation.
Helix will continue to improve and evolve – that is our commitment to the communities we serve — and I am excited about what lies ahead in 2016 and beyond.
Thank you and happy holidays!