Lake Jennings will reopen its campground in a limited capacity Friday, June 5. The recreational side of the lake that includes fishing and hiking will reopen Saturday, June 13.
The policies and procedures listed below assure compliance with current health orders from the county of San Diego and will remain in place until further notice.
- Tent camping will now be permitted on site.
- RV camping continues to be permitted.
- Only people from the same household may occupy the same campsite.
- Six people maximum per campsite.
- Only registered campers permitted in the campground – no visitor or day use access will be allowed.
- All campers must wear a mask and practice social distancing where required, in compliance with the current San Diego County health orders.
- All restrooms on site will be cleaned and sanitized with an EPA approved COVID-19 disinfectant on a regular basis. Some restrooms will be closed during the week when there are fewer campers, but there will be restrooms available 24 hours a day. All campers with self-contained camping units are encouraged to use their own restrooms at all times.
- The campground’s playground, pavilion, play area and drinking fountains will all be closed.
- The lake loop trail will be open to registered campers only from Sentry Point to Eagle Point.
- There will be no access to the campground side of the property or past Eagle Point for non–registered campers at this time.
Fishing (opens June 13)
- The recreation side of the lake will be open every Saturday and Sunday from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. beginning June 13.
- All fishermen and day use customers must be in compliance with current San Diego County health orders, including mask wearing and social distancing when applicable.
- Masks will be REQUIRED in line and in the Bait and Tackle Shop.
- Payment with card will be encouraged.
- Only one customer or family will be permitted in the Bait and Tackle Shop at a time. Please respect social distancing while in line outside.
- Fishing and day use permits must be purchased at the Bait and Tackle Shop.
- Fishing from the campground shoreline between Sentry Point and Eagle Point will be open only to registered campers who have purchased their fishing permits between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Shore fishing will be permitted from the entrance area to Eagle Point.
- There will be no night fishing or fish stocking at this time.
- Boat rentals to members of the same household reopen June 20.
- Private boat launching will be available. Launch permits must be purchased at the Bait and Tackle Shop. All boaters must be in compliance with the current San Diego County health order regarding recreational boating.
We are thrilled to be able to reopen in compliance with the county regulations. We really appreciate your understanding during this challenging time while we work hard to keep our community safe.
Call Lake Jennings staff at 619-390-1623
Do you love the great outdoors? Do you have a digital SLR or cellphone camera? If so, come out and compete in this year’s Lake Jennings Spring Photo Contest. The contest is open to photos taken at Lake Jennings between March 1 and May 31, 2021. Contest participants...
Thank you, East County. And congratulations to everyone who makes Lake Jennings such an award-winning destination. Lake Jennings was voted a “Best Place to Go” in the East County Californian’s 2020 Best of East County Readers Poll. The weekly newspaper announced...
Third and fifth grade teachers in the Helix Water District service area can now enroll their classes in one of Helix’s virtual school programs. We have a hands-on activity for third graders and a virtual tour of our R.M. Levy Water Treatment Plant for fifth graders....