Customers of Helix Water District are now eligible for rebates of up to $100 for qualifying plant-based mulch purchased and installed on or after April 12, 2021.
Landscapes thrive with mulch. Mulch helps reduce outdoor water use, retain moisture and reduce evaporation. Mulch also provides nutrients for plants, prevents weeds and creates a neat, tidy appearance for your landscape.
$25 per cubic yard up to $100
It’s easy to apply!
- Purchase a qualifying mulch on or after April 12, 2021.
- Complete the application with three photos showing your final installation.
- Submit your application, photos and a copy of your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mulch purchases must meet the following requirements to be eligible for the rebate program:
- Minimum purchase of 1 cubic yard (27 cubic feet) with a maximum rebate on 4 cubic yards (108 cubic feet).
- Mulch must be plant-based and excludes straw. Inorganic mulch such as rock, rubber, etc. is not eligible.
- Customer must purchase the mulch from a vendor or service provider (i.e., nurseries, landscape suppliers, recycling facilities, retail stores and tree trimming services).
- Mulch must cover bare soil or permeable surface.
- Rebate amount may not exceed purchase and delivery cost.
A cubic yard covers about 110 square feet and can fit into the bed of a small pickup truck. Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are not guaranteed.
“Our mulch rebate is a great way to reduce water use, maintain healthy plants healthy and keep your landscaping looking great,” said Helix General Manger Carlos Lugo. “The program is grant-funded from Metropolitan Water District and we are really looking forward providing this resource to our customers”
To learn more about mulch and the rebate, visit our website at hwd.com/mulch-rebate.
We're on social media every day with the latest news from Helix. It's also where you'll find us, and the latest news, during an emergency.