Helix Water District is a local government agency and we ensure that we are an open book to the communities we serve.
If you want to know how Helix is managing the quality and reliability of your tap water, we recommend reading our annual report, where we share our performance metrics – everything we accomplished last year. We make the report easy to scan. There are two articles – this year we focus on planning and its role in managing our water supply, infrastructure and change – plus the performance metrics for each of Helix’s departments, diagrams, graphs and photos.
Photos: pages from our fiscal year 2020-21 annual report.
Our annual report is where you learn how we operate: that we plan 25 years ahead to ensure we have the water resources to meet demand, even in drought conditions; that 43 miles of pipeline in our water distribution system will reach retirement age in 2060; and, that each of our meter readers walked 2,340 miles last year to get accurate meter reads.
“This report is where a customer can see what their water bills pay for,” said Helix General Manager Carlos Lugo.
Follow Us Throughout the Year
You don’t have to wait for next year’s annual report to review our performance. We make it easy to follow us throughout the year. “We want you to know what we do here each week and each month to ensure the quality and reliability of your water service,” said Lugo.
- Take a look at the envelope your water bill arrives in — there’s a timely and important message for you. We also include a 2-page newsletter with your water bill.
- We publish 1-2 articles each week at hwd.com/blog. The articles are featured at the top of our homepage and on Facebook and Twitter at /helixwater.
- On our homepage at hwd.com, you’ll find a list of upcoming board meetings. Next to it, you’ll see a list of upcoming classes and events here at Helix and at Lake Jennings, The Water Conservation Garden and the San Diego County Water Authority.
- At hwd.com/current-construction, a map shows the locations of the major construction projects we have scheduled this year. Click on a location marker and you’ll find a link to a detailed map of the project and who to contact if you have questions.
- We provide board meeting agendas and minutes for the last three years at hwd.com/board-meetings.
- You can browse all of our annual and long-term plans at hwd.com/district-documents.
Give Us Your Feedback
If you like our annual report, please let us know. And, if you have ideas for improving our communications, we would like to hear them. Please email your feedback to [email protected].