Rates & Fees
Rates and fees shown are effective for bills mailed on or after January 1, 2019
The commodity charge is a fee for each unit of water used, and it pays for purchasing water from the San Diego County Water Authority, the treatment process, energy to pump water and other volume-based costs. The first rate table at left shows rates effective with bills mailed on or after January 1, 2019 and on or after March 1, 2019 when the San Diego County Water Authority’s wholesale water rate increase is added.
Water Budget Policy & Calculations
Convert Units to Gallons
- On your last water bill, find how many units of water you used
- Also on your water bill, find how many days were in your billing cycle
- Use the table at left to convert your water use into gallons
- Divide the gallons by the days in your billing cycle
FIRE SERVICE LATERAL CHARGE
TEMPORARY METER CHARGE
- $80 for final read and meter removal costs
- $168 for each meter relocation since the last billing period
- $199 for any unauthorized meter location
- Any unpaid water charges
- The cost of repairing or replacing the meter
METER INSTALLATION CHARGE
- Installation of fire hydrants and fire service laterals is charged at actual cost.
- We collect capacity fees due to Helix Water District and the San Diego County Water Authority.
- We charge the cost of encroachment permits issued to Helix by other agencies.
- We may remove the water meter if service has been discontinued for one year. Reinstatement of the meter will require a meter restoration fee.
- If a customer has more than one account with us, and unpaid charges from a discontinued account, any active account may be subject to disconnection.
RESTORATION OF SERVICE
- A meter reinstatement fee and a deposit may be required.
- If the existing lateral is no longer usable or cannot be located, payment of the standard lateral installation charge is required.
- The customer is responsible for payment of connection fees if the property owner(s) did not contribute to the construction costs of an existing water main.
- Payment of all delinquent Helix assessments is required.
- We reserve the right to change the size of the water meter to conform to Helix rates and policies.
WHAT WE DO
Each one of us at Helix is committed to providing a safe, high quality and reliable water supply for the communities we serve
Subscribe to Our Blog
Be the first to know about our classes, tours, rebates, contests, events and meetings ... and your water, of course
Need help? Give us a call